Favourite Tea Room in Sussex

19:46

I am currently home while finishing off my dissertation as I craved home cooking. I've been feeling incredibly stressed recently and my anxiety is coming about in waves due to the ending of my Masters. My sister and brother in law therefore decided to cheer me up by taking me to my favourite childhood tea room, Wiston Granary. Located east of Storrington and north of Worthing, Wiston Tea room use to be the old post office many years ago. 

Recently it has had a new Tea Room extension built and the store is currently undergoing refurbishment. However it still withholds the charm I have known since my childhood. Set in an idyllic English countryside location, with a babbling stream running through the garden and the free roaming chickens and geese, this place offers up some of the best ploughman's I have ever had. 


Today I decided to go for the coffee cake as I didn't want anything too filling. It was delicious and reasonably priced. 

In addition I also had a loose tea called Blue Lady, which I think is similar to Earl Grey, but sweeter and lighter with a floral scent and taste.


Afterwards, I decided to roam around the gardens before heading back home to do my dissertation (I have actually just watched Hook as it was on TV, but I'm about to get back to work). I seriously recommend this place to anyone, and the walks around the area are stunning. 

Zoe 
 x

You Might Also Like

0 comments