Worthing Food: Baked

08:29

I have been meaning to blog about Baked for months now. It is undoubtably one of the best coffee and cake places I have been too (especially in Worthing) and the best thing about it, it is right on my doorstep. 

Baked opened in Worthing last year and is a social enterprise which uses local suppliers and works with the community. The quaint café was set up by Lauren Roffey and is run by her and her friend. 


They serve a delicious range of homemade cakes (made in the café, which on some quiet moments you can watch them bake). My particular favourites are the parsnip, maple and pecan cake, and their chocolate brownies (all the flavours, I have a really hard time choosing).
Previous coffee and cakes
They're coffee is well priced and delicious, especially as they know how to make a soya latte (hallelujah for my lactose intolerance), something that is rare in many coffee shops, especially in Worthing,  which makes Baked an excellent treat pit-stop on walks along the seafront or when returning from a trip into town. 


My favourite seat to indulge
Today I decided to try one of they're newest and probably most daring brownie, the marmite brownie. My first thoughts were a bit: "would that work?" to "I have to try this!". Now I am a lover of marmite, to the extreme where I layer it thickly on a slice of wholemeal toast, add it to my vegan chilli's and sometimes eat it out of the jar (don't judge me). 

Marmite Brownie, White Chocolate Brownie and Peanut Butter Brownie
The verdict: I loved it! It was a subtle marmite taste that reminded me of salted caramel in a brownie, the smell of the brownie was an overpowering marmite smell. The texture was the Baked's standard fudgey-ness, so a bit hit in my books, and my brother-in-laws. My sister and mother however were not fussed by it. I guess because it is marmite, it really is a love or hate thing. 

If you're in Worthing I highly recommend checking out Baked. The friendly calm atmosphere, and the reasonable priced scrummy cake and coffee really make it a place worth visiting.

Zoe
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments