Brighton Food: h.en Restaurant

16:31

Having been back in Brighton area for 6 weeks (can't believe how quickly it has gone) I have decided that I want to try and cover a food series of places that are veggie friendly in Brighton. Of course Brighton is a hub of delight for any vegetarian, however there are still some places where the veggie option is salad (which can be very boring) or some sort of cheesy dish, which I cannot have because of my lactose intolerance. 

Anywho I recently went and got my ear pierced in the cartilage region, and when I say recent I meant yesterday and oh my it hurts far more than a tattoo (which I also had touched up yesterday.. yes I subjected myself to a day of pain). Feeling delighted with my new piercing, but suffering from the soreness I decided to venture to a new place for brunch on the way back to the station in the North Laines. I have some favourites, like Silo and the Flour Pot for places to eat, but I wanted to try somewhere new, and this new place was h.en
I love the industrial/70s vibe to the decor of the restaurant
h.en is "Brighton's first local and happy, high welfare chicken restaurant; using natural produce and an ethical approach to business". It has a small menu, offering brunch, lunch and dinner. As it was brunch I decided to try one of their gluten and sugar-free waffles, which at the time became pancakes, due to their waffle iron being broken. For £6.75 I sipped on my americano and had a plate full of delicious waffles, that left me content and super happy as they were covered in maple syrup (maple syrup is one of my food weaknesses). 



The service was attentive and welcoming, and the atmosphere for just before 11am on a sunny Saturday was calm. I managed to leave just before it started to get busy. 


All in all, I hope to go back soon and try one of their delicious sounding Halloumi Burgers with maybe the nut pesto and sweet potato fries. I would also love to try their homemade pink lemonade made with agave syrup. 

They're other specialities are the pulled chicken burger, which you can add toppings including an egg, for people more inclined to eating meat.

Hope everyone has had an amazing weekend. What Brighton restaurants do you recommend?

Zoe 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments