My Lipstick Collection 2014

20:41

I have found that the year 2014 has become a year of 'Zoe wears lipstick'. I use to be one of those little girls, who is she saw a magazine with a free lipstick or lipgloss, she would instantly buy so that she could have pretty lips. Then again, this little girl decided to wear bright blue eyeshadow to a family party one night and has been mocked ever since whenever the photo resurfaces... maybe one day I shall treat you to this beautiful sight..

Anywhoo here are my lipsticks I currently own:


As you can see I'm not a crazy collector of a bajillion lipstick, and I am also not a collector of cheap hughstreet ones either. I guess you could say I have expensive taste when it comes to lipsticks. However I am always seeking the perfect colour. 

Clinique


This makeup brand has always been dear to me and my sensitive skin. I would describe them as more neutral rosy pinks in tone, with a jazzy hot pink lipstick in shade no.17 Watermelon, which I team with a Clinique 'hot pink' lipgloss for a springtime look. 


Topshop


I have always wanted a dark vampy lipstick to wear in the winter. I came across Depth and instantly fell in love. However, I am not so much in love with it now. It's a good shade but needs multiple layers and a lipliner in order to stay the right shade. Yet even after a couple of drinks or hours the shade tends to fade, leaving you with a 'red wine' looking lip unless you are constantly topping up (hassle). 


Mac


Definitely my favourite brand for adventurous lipsticks. My collection has definitely grown this year (thanks to my friend Rachel) and I am in love with all of them. Rebel (A44) was introduced to me at my sisters wedding. It was our bridesmaid's lipstick colour (see photo below for the finished look). While Lustre Lady Bug shade I wore to my cousin's wedding with a Mac lipliner in the shade Cherry. I swear to God it lasted all day long and did not need tipping up (a plus considering the amount of drinks I had topped up that night). 

1. Rebel
2. Dare you
3. Ladybug
4. I'm Impassioned
5. Please Me

I'm Impassioned was bought by my friend Rachel in America as she asked if I wanted any makeup as it is cheaper there. I decided to trust her and she brought me back this colour, which I am in love with. I would describe it as a vibrant pop of corally pink, perfect for the summer days. Please Me shade on the other hand is a nude pink that I like to slip on during the day for a minimal make up look. And lastly, Dare You is a vibrant red, one I will always cherish as it was my first ever Mac purchase. It makes me feel vintage and classy.

What lipsticks would you recommend me trying next?

Zoe 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments