Recipe No.2: My Special Green Pasta

18:41

One thing I don't think I will ever be able to live without is pasta. There is something quite comforting about it, and having grown up on my mumma's Spag Bol it is understandable why.

However in recent years I have become more adventurous and experimental with food, as well as broadening my horizons. So today I am presenting my Special Green Pasta, which is healthy and super scrummy. Did I just say healthy and pasta? Surely not! It's all about portion control with pasta and also about what type. I tend to favour the Biona Organic Spelt Spinach Tagliatelle, which is packed full of extra vitamins, fibre and protein. Plus it taste awesomely, with a nutty note. I think there is also something very comforting about eating a green pasta, as if it is healthier too. Spelt, even though is not gluten-free is more tolerable with people's diets who can't handle too much gluten.


Also this recipe is lactose-free, as I am lactose intolerant. Trust me it is still creamy.

Anyway you must want to know what the recipe is, so here is is!

Ingredients (to serve 2):

- 3 handfuls of Biona Organic Spelt Spinach Tagliatelle (or any pasta you would like)
- 1 Leek
- 1 Broccoli
- 4 Green Beans
- 1 Courgette
- 2 Spring Onions
- 2 tbsp of Pesto (diary free preferred/vegetarian)
- 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of Oil
- 1 clove of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to season

Method:

1) Chop all vegetables into small pieces and place a pan of water and salt on the hob at a hot setting to boil.

2) Place another pan on the medium hob and add the oil to heat up. Once the oil is hot add garlic and then the vegetables, and turn heat from medium to low and place a lid, allowing the vegetables to gently steam, with the occasional stir. Allow to cook for 15 minutes.

3) When the pan full of hot water is boiling, add the pasta and leave to cook for the recommended amount of time on the pasta packet. Once cooked, drain and leave to rest on the side.

4) When the vegetables are soft, remove the lid and add the pesto and mayonnaise. Cook for a further 3 minutes, then add the cook pasta and stir.

5) Remove pan from the hob and serve in your favourite bowl

Zoe
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments