Cousins Wedding Cake

17:22

So over the weekend I have had the great honour to attend my first family wedding. It was my beautiful cousin's wedding and was set in an idyllic little parish church in Findon, Sussex. The Wedding reception was then held at the local Golf Club, where we wined (and I mean wined) and dined until the middle of the night.

 I decided to write this post, as I wanted to show off how talented my mother is. When she was 19, she use to work in a wedding cake shop in Hove. Over the years she has been privately making cakes for weddings, birthdays and christenings. However over many years she hasn't found time or creative ability to continue this. Until the opportunity arose of two family weddings in a year. 

She was asked by my cousin to design a cake. 5 tiers, decorated in pink roses. The result was beautifully stunning. Every item is edible (except the stands and the ribbons). My mother has been working on the decoration of the cake since mid February. Making the individual component carefully by hand. The cake itself is a fruit cake, covered in marzipan and then royal icing. I must say it was very tasty.

Here are a few pictures of the crafting process and also the finished item:


 

Photos courtesy of Sophie Mackley
My mother is now working on my sisters cake for her wedding in a month. Unfortunately I cannot show you any of that cake yet. However it will be even more creative than my cousins. 

The photos 3 photos directly above were taken by Sophie Mackley. The two above that were taken on my iPhone.

I will be posting an outfit of the day for the wedding soon. In the mean time, I hope you enjoyed reading this.

Zoe 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments