Away to Germany

17:08

Hey! 

So I have just gotten back from a few days away to Frankfurt and surrounding areas in Germany. I went with my lovely friend Ruth and her mother after being invited. I thought I would write a post (as I haven't done so in a while due to being busy) about my adventures that I have just been on.

We flew out of London to an airport miles away from Frankfurt, and due to being late in, we missed our bus and spent a few hours in a tiny (not even exaggerating) airport. I had a happy meal for the first time in forever and got rather excited by the fact there was a lego related cup (yes I am still very much a child at heart). 

We then caught the next coach to Frankfurt's main train station, where we were greeted by Ruth's uncle Christoph (who is literally one of the loveliest people I have ever met... need to send him a thank you gift for his hospitality). After a quick train ride to a suburb, we briskly walked back to the where we were staying and soon had an arrangement of bread, cheese and meat for a late lunch. Delicious!


After resting we went on a tour of Frankfurt that ended up being over 2 hours long, but well worth it as the city looked stunning in the late spring sunset. 




The next day was spent shopping and people watching in the city centre. The shops there were all pretty standard with your h&m's and Zaras, but were entertaining to explore. 


We spent the last three days in the Tauhousen (don't think that is spelt right), an mountainous area a drive or a train away from the city of Frankfurt. Here we enjoyed many walks in the stunning old forest, along golden meadows of rapeseed oil flowers and over green hills. It was all very romantic in my eyes. I have never felt so relaxed and at peace while walking. Hours were whiled away without realisation. I am very glad I had brought my walking boots with me. 



It became a tradition that after a walk or on a break, we would stop to have cake around mid afternoon. The Germans love their cake, and so do I. Two of my favourite ones I had were rhubarb and strawberry crumble cake, and a poppyseed cake on my last day. Scrumptious. I need the recipe. 
Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake
Poppyseed Cake
One of the cake shops we visited
So there we have it, a little taster of my holiday that I have just had instead of revising... but hey, we all need our breaks now and again. 

I have recently found my diary of my Hong Kong and Japan adventures so will be posting them over the next few weeks. In addition it is nearly time for my sister's wedding, and I literally cannot wait to show you what we will be wearing as bridesmaid, it is so pretty. 

Anyways, I hope you have all had a lovely Easter like I have

Zoe x

You Might Also Like

0 comments