Tokyo Adventure: Part 1 Arrival

22:09

As a continuation to my Hong Kong adventures, I also wrote a diary for Japan. I had been wanting to travel there since I was 11. It was at this age that I discovered the culture and spent many of my teen years reading manga, eating a local Japanese food establishments, such as Pom Poki in Brighton (go there if you want a cheap and delicious fast meal), and buying Japanese sweets such as sweet bean paste of mochi. I suggested the idea of visiting Tokyo to Charlie, as it was only a short trip further from Hong Kong. So here are our adventures and recommendations:

Day 8:
Woke up before 5am and got a taxi to the airport. Check in and security was super easy.. Took 20mins in total (very efficient). Hong Kong airport has unlimited WiFi internet so I facetimed mumma as it was 11pm back in England. All this time difference is confusing and quite fascinating. We then went to board the plane. Currently on it as I write this post.. Really impressed with Delta Airlines so far, unlimited amount of amazing movies.. Adventure time program.. And so much more, they even gave out hot towels.. I have kept mine in order to keep my face coo and hydrated. Now watching Madagascar 3 :) yay!

Leaving Hong Kong 

Really safe flight, very smooth landing and attentive staff. I would definitely fly with Delta airlines again.

Made our way quickly through customs and purchased a ticket for Keisei Limited Express which cost 1000¥ and took us to Aoto, where we changed for Onisigia and then onto the Toei-Asakusa line for Asakusa.
Heading into Tokyo by train, it is like the movies!
 Tokyo is beautiful. We made our way up onto street level from the underground system and then walked to the hostel on big wide streets. We arrived and were greeted by two Japanese ladies at the Kaosan Tokyo Kabuki (the hostel we stayed at. I highly recommend their hostels). We checked into room 2D, which had traditional wooden Japanese style beds, and then went to the supermarket where gin is super cheap... Like less than £6 (Yes this is the first thing I notice when abroad, I love Gin) I bought a lime beer that was refreshing and tasty, as well as some panda shaped biscuits covered in white and milk chocolate... SUGOUI! And KAWAII!
 Charlie and I also bought breakfast for the few days.
Local shop treats. Panda biscuits and Lime Beer
 We then chilled a bit and went to Mos burger, as I had been recommended this fast food restaurant to try by my friend Martin who use to live in Japan, and also visits on business meetings.  We looked at the menu full of pictures and tried to convey in japanese what we wanted. I ended up choosing a sweet teriyaki pork burger (I think it was pork) with chips and iced coffee (as I couldn't read the menu and like the drink anyways). Mos burgers are AMAZING! The chips are to die for too. Definitely recommend.
Mos Teriyaki Burger and chips
Me devouring the burger and asking Charlie to take a photo
We then wondered for 2 hours taking in all the sights. All lit up. Including the Senji tower and surrounding market places. Tokyo is definitely a mix of the old and the new. So pretty. Really enjoying it so far.



Came back and watched some Japanese telly.. They love gameshows and food... That is about as much as I understood. Kept me entertained and was pretty funny from what I could understand. Now in the room after having an amazing power shower. Up early to catch the train to Studio Ghibli Museum. Fingers crossed we can get in...
Hostel chilling area
Zoe x

You Might Also Like

0 comments