Favourite Things in April/May

15:13

So as spring has arrived and I have chosen my favourite things from April and May. I have recently been hiding in the depths of the library and my bedroom, studying for my LAST ever exams. After I graduated last year I never thought I would be doing more exams as a postgraduate. I have had 4 in total (well 2 more to go as I write this).  

Firstly, as previously mentioned in a previous post, I have been loving Soap and Glory's Hand Food Cream. The scent is divine, with a citrusy sweet note, and leaves my hands incredibly soft. I have found in the past that most hand creams I have tried, leave an oily feel to my hands, which this product doesn't. 


Secondly, after searching for a new liquid eyeliner, as I have decided to move on from my Clinque pencil eyeliner days (RIP), my friend Rachel recommended Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner pen. I have been loving it ever since I have bought it. The colour isn't too extreme and it glides on easily providing me with a full and ever trustworthy cat flick. Essential to my make up routine. 



Thirdly, for my cousin's wedding I decided to purchase a new red lipstick. I didn't want it to be too matt or bright as it was a spring wedding. So I found Mac's lipstick in shade Lady Bug. With a light application using a lip brush, it creates a nice lasting "frosty" red stain to my lips. I only had to reapply it once in the evening. 

Mac's Lady bug and Clinique's blusher
Another make up product I have recently discovered is a blusher: 102 Innocent Peach by Clinique. It's peachy colour creates, in my eyes at least, a perfect spring glow on top of my foundation. For anyone who knows me, I do not wear foundation, as in the past I have found it irritates my skin. But due to wedding and many important occasions, I have decided to purchase one, and therefore got recommended the colour. 


As an addition to my April favourites I have rediscovered my Eyeko Lengthening Skinny Mascara. I bought this on a whim after discovering and at first decided I did not like it. This is due to it, in my eyes at least, not standing out against my favourite cat flick eyeliner. However, as the summer is creeping in, I have been trying new looks, less eye makeup. Therefore, I have been finding this mascara particularly useful as creating a minimal make up look. The dark wand creates a separated long lash look, bold enough alone to not need any eyeliner. 



My last favourite item this spring is Iggy Azalea's new album - The New Classic. My favourite tunes on the album are Black Widow featuring Rita Ora, and also Goddess. I'm not normally the type to listen to rap music, but it's beats have been helping with the many monotonous journeys I have been making recently. As well as providing a nice ear break from the classical music I listen too when revising. 

So here are some of the things I have been loving this April and May. What have you been loving?

Zoe x

You Might Also Like

0 comments