Hong Kong Part 3

18:16

As a continuation to my previous Hong Kong post (scroll further down on my blog if you wish)

Day 5 was by far my favourite day in Hong Kong and here is why: 

"My word today was exciting. Paradise. It was incredibly hot to add on top. A dry heat though, which is a nice change from the humidity we have been experiencing. 
View across Cheung Chau bay
Charlie and I headed out early to catch 2 ferries to get to his fave place, a small island called Cheung Chau. We arrive around midday and because of the heat I bought a hat. Very fetching one too (fetch is never going to happen but I enjoyed my new purchase). We then hired two bikes for the day, which amazingly cost us only HK$60 (£6)! We then headed to one side of the island where we hiked to a secluded area through shaded forest with tiny shrines hidden within. 
One of the hidden shrines on the island
The view outside the cave
Our hired bikes. I had the yellow one as it's my fav colour
Our adventure continued when we came across a tiny cave that Charlie had been through before. It was pitch black, therefore rather spooky, but I took the plunged and made it out to the other side. Loved it. We then walked about and sat for a while and admired the view. It was so tranquil. 

We then headed back to our bikes and cycled to the opposite side of the island, where there was a secluded beach. Beautiful again! I sunbathed for a bit and then went swimming in the South China Sea... It was a bit murky but still tropical and gleaming against the tropical white sand.
 
The 'classic' beach photo
We returned our bikes back from one of many places you can hire them on the island and then headed to the ferry to get back for dinner with Mrs and Mr B. I bought a sweet lotus bun for the travel back as I hadn't eaten all day. I find the heat suppresses my appetite and hunger. I did however consume the delicious little thing, which tasted like it had a honey filling... Nom nom nom! 
Sweet Lotus bun
Caught the slower ferry back, however, which was usually ok, but it was very hot and I was tired. Travelling took horrendously long and was busy. However my mood cheered up as we arrived at a Vietnamese restaurant in Sha Tin called Nha Trang, a local fav. I had beef and chicken pho. So good. We then went to Honeymoon desserts, where I had sweet balls in ginger soup. (Yes I did choose it because of its name, I'm not going to deny it). The sweet balls where glutinous rice balls filled with a paste made of peanut butter and sesame seeds... Really good and filling.
The menu at Honeymoon Desserts
Now back at home chilling, tired after a long hot day. Kayaking hopefully tomorrow :) yay! P.s just woked out I have only spent £50 so far... I'm gonna get me some more yen for shopping in Tokyo!"


Zoe x

You Might Also Like

0 comments