Norwich Review #3: Muddy Cup - Best Breakfast Ever

16:17

Ever the adventurous one and always willing to find a good place for breakfast, I recently ventured to the charming café Muddy Cup. Hidden behind an East of England Co-op on Dereham Road, this small and quaint establishment you should not judge to quickly. 




On arrival we noted the quirky teapots dotted about the café and was not disappointed when my tea arrived in a small pot with a knitted tea cosy on it! As I was quite hungry I decided to order the Irish Breakfast for a cool £5.95. I replaced the eggs (as I do not eat them) and asked for an extra slice of bacon instead. I did want a sausage but was denied one.. not to worry as due to the wait of the one person run kitchen, they kindly added an extra Guinness sausage on as well! As it was a Friday, the Muddy Cup was fairly busy and so we waited 45 minutes for our food. Long wait I know but trust me it was well worth it!






Irish Breakfast - minus the eggs and extra sausage and bacon
The breakfast finally arrived and my word it was delicious, especially the guinness sausages and potato farl. The best part of it was that it wasn't greasy at all and I left content. So content that we ended up going back 3 days later to try out some of their other dishes. 

Pancakes with Maple Syrup and Bacon
Veggie Eggs Benedict
Both occasions the food was excellent and what is best is that I only live around the corner from it. Not only are the portions amazing, but it is cheap, almost too cheap for the quality and care you are getting (I ended up tipping, something I don't tend to do for Breakfast as it was so good). I will definitely be a frequent customer.

Ratings:
Food - 10/10
Service - 9/10
Atmosphere - 8/10 

Zoe 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments