Weekend Away In Southwold

12:49

Hello! Sorry I haven't been blogging recently, as a current Christmas Temp working for Adnams I am working ridiculous 12 hour days, getting home and literally eating/showering/going to sleep. However today is my day off so I thought I would do a bit of blogging. 

Recently (about maybe 3 weeks ago, even though it seems a lot longer) I went to Southwold on the Suffolk Coast. A small town that is absolutely stunning but is also home to the Adnams Southwold Brewery, headquarters to the place I am currently working. I decided to take my boyfriend away for the weekend and take advantage of my staff discount and book a weekend away, staying in the Crown Hotel, with a brewery tour the next day. I have already been on a paid brewery tour before as part of my job and highly enjoyed it, so went again! Why not?

Travelling from Norwich on a wet and dreary Sunday we got 2 buses to Southwold via Lowestoft as neither of us can drive. It cost us £7 each in total on the way down and took just around 2 hours 30. We arrived, slightly cold and drenched, and checked into the Crown Hotel on the High Street. After making our way to our large room (swear we were upgraded) we settled and freshened up before heading to a quaint pub called the Lord Nelson. After an hour of meeting a friend in the pub and having a cheeky G&T and half a pint of ale, we made out way back to the hotel to get ready for our 3 course meal, with another cheeky G&T on room service. I'm going to insert some photos of the room because it was stunning!

Our Bed! So comfy and pretty before I jumper on it and messed it up
Our Bathroom 
The Lord Nelson pub, it had a massive fireplace, and welcomed dogs

Cheeky room service!
For dinner I had a Scotch Broth for starters, followed by Partridge in a port jus with lentils (absolutely delicious!) and a Crumble for pudding. We had a bottle of Rioja with our dinner, and our bellies were very full before we headed upstairs to bed.


The Crown Hotel Dinner Menu 

Waking up fresh and very happy in our extremely comfy bed, we headed down to our 2 course breakfast. I ordered a glass of champagne (we are on holiday) with a fresh pastry to start, followed by the full english. Extremely good breakfast, definitely recommend going to the Crown if you are in the area, just for their breakfast alone, you will leave very full and ready for the day. 

Look at that pastry! I crave it now. 

The view from one of our windows in our room
After breakfast we made our way around Southwold visiting many of the shops and wishing we could buy from the many delis, grocers and bakery. We then headed to the beach and walked along to the pier on a crisp autumnal morning. We walked along the pier before ending up in the Old Arcade where we played some very strange and victorian looking games. I don't think I have laughed so much before. Great fun, especially the Photo Booth! Give it a go. I even won $1billion!!











At midday we headed back into town to grab something to eat in one of the local cafes, the Magpie Bakery, and then headed to the brewery tour before getting the bus back to Norwich home. 



I miss Southwold very much, it is a stunning place and would love to go back and go for many of the walks around the area. 

Zoe 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments