Relaxing Pampering Day

17:21

I have recently been really really stressed (can I exaggerate really more?) to the point where I have been breaking down quite frequently in the evening (apologies to my boyfriend who has put up with this). With my dissertation currently not wanting to be my best friend and work itself out, as well as starting a new job where I'm standing rushing about all day, I have been overdoing it. I'm one of those people who, as my mother always tells me, likes to burn the candle at both ends. Therefore once the flame is out, I fall apart. 

Therefore I decided to pack up a bag, get a 7 hour coach down to my home town for a relaxing weekend at home. On a side note, the coach only cost me £11 in total, bargain in comparison to train prices these days. Previous to buying my ticket home, I had phoned my mother, who is a member of the Baliffscourt Hotel Spa. I asked her if it was ok to go to the spa on Saturday as I wanted a massage to relax me after a few testing weeks. Not only had my mind started to crash, but my back and legs were in agony. I had recently noticed I had started to become a slower walker because of the pain. And so the massage was booked and off we went to the spa. 

On arrival we were greeted by a magnificent old barn that had been converted into the spa facility. Inside the building were comfy sofas, large glass windows onlooking the inside pool and jacuzzi, and wooden floors. On entering I felt relaxed. 


We signed in, got changed into our swimming costumes and then headed out to the outside infinity pool. From here we swam, relaxed in the outdoor hot tub, chilled in the sauna and steam room, all before lunch. For lunch I chose the Crispy Duck Thai salad, which was delicious and refreshing, complete by a glass of pimms before my 2pm Massage. 



My mother decided that I should have the 'Drift Away' massage for 55mins. It was certainly worth it! The full body massage was amazing and left me literally drifting away into a relaxed slumber. Upon awaking I felt rejuvenated and still a bit on the dreamy side.

The trip ended with a free cup of coffee and a read of a newspaper in their upstairs lounge, before heading home.

I don't normally treat myself to such luxurious activities, but severely could justify this trip to the spa. The treatment and day trip, with my mother's members discount cost me £71 in total. My back and leg pain have gone, and after having my wisdom tooth out on Thursday, additional pain is not needed.

Do you treat yourself? If so where and how?

Zoe 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments