A June Day Trip To London

12:14

After speaking to my boyfriend for 2 months, we decided to escape the uni bubble of Norwich and head down to London for a whole day worth of adventures. We decided that the cheapest route from Norwich was to get the Megabus at 7am (I know early start, but we did want a full day) for £5 and get the train back at 10:30pm (£7 each). The journey down was smooth and on time. We arrived in London around 10:30ish in the morning and sort a place to grab some breakfast and a much need coffee. We then headed off to get the Tube to South Kensington where we spent a couple of hours wondering the Natural History Museum. Always good especially since it is free. 
Natural History Museum 
Me and the Blue Whale 
Entrance of the Natural History Museum
Afterwards we decided to find the Good Life Eatery. I have read about this place on many blogs and have always wanted to try their raw cold compressed juices. We went to the Chelsea branch and were confronted by a small, but quaint exposed bricked interior café. After sitting down I ordered a small lunch of avocado and chilli toast, which was delicious and refreshing on such a hot day, as well as one of the raw juices: Coco Verde. It contained pineapple, spinach, pear, coconut and celery. It was bizarre because you could taste all the flavours separately. Very enjoyable however. The whole experience was lovely. It was on the pricier side, with two small lunches and two juices coming to around £22 but I justified it as a treat and a experience. Plus it felt very healthy and I was content after my meal. 
Two of the Raw Smoothies. I preferred the Coco Verde
Avocado and Chilli Seeded Toast 
Sweet Potato DipWe then decided to head to Oxford Street to do some window shopping. This involved wandering around Liberty's and Selfridges, dreaming of all the items I wish I could afford to purchase. Always motivates me to get a good job so that hopefully I can one day afford little luxuries. 
On our way away from Carnaby Street, we came across a little coffee shop called the Soho Grind, and decided to pop in for a coffee as we were getting a bit tired and still had over 6 hours til our train. I ordered a soya macchito, and the bf ordered a regular mocha. Mine was delicious. I recommend going there if you can find it. 
Soho Grind


We shopped a bit more and then headed to Wahaca in Covent Garden. It was a bit hard to find at first, and I always find 3G is terrible in that area of Soho. We entered the modern mexican to be confronted by a busy and very bustling restaurant. We waited 30 minutes to be seated while we sipped on a tequila mojito... not sure about that one. I think I will stick to the rum based ones. After being seated, I started to take a turn for the worst. The restaurant was incredibly loud and heaving that I couldn't talk and I was starting to have a panic attack from being overwhelmed. We escaped quickly after we got our bill, just in time for me! I would go back again during a quieter time and not at 7pm on a Wednesday. The green rice is delicious!
Summer Fuerza salad at Wahaca
After wandering about more to find a place to drink, we went down a small iron staircase to the Covent Garden Cocktail Club (members only). We entered into a fairy-light lit establishment with cool vintage leather sofas. As the sofas were reserved, I decided to sit at the bar as I love to watch cocktails being made. We were served by a guy called PJ who made the most amazing concoctions. One was called Bacon and Egg and was infused with Jack Daniels bacon flavoured whisky as well as maple syrup. My favourite however was the Southside Royal: Bombay Sapphire Gin, lime, sugar, mint and prosecco. Refreshing and light. Drinks are on average around £8.50, which I think is decent for cocktails in London, especially with the level of theatre involved. Once person ordered something that had smoke placed into a jar. While another person ordered something on fire. All a spectacle!
Bacon and Egg cocktail 
Fortune Cookie Cocktail (gin based)
We merrily drank the rest of the night away until we had to rush to get the train back to Norwich.
I do love a good treat once in a while, and this was ours after our exam.
What places do you like to go to in London?
Zoe
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments