An Adventure to Kew Gardens

21:22

After being invited to a Birthday party months before in London (as it is a trek and we would be staying overnight), my family and I decided to make the most of South/West London by going to Kew Gardens.

I have been here before back in 2009 and have always craved to return to the stunning gardens. After a long slog on several trains from Norwich to Kew Gardens, I reunited myself with my family and started our adventure round the Royal Gardens. 
View from the Tree Top Walkway
The highlights for me were the Tree Top walkway, the Barefoot Walkway (filled with different natural materials such as pebbles to bark to walk on) and the Gin and Tonic greenhouse. Being such a lover of gin, I decided to purchase the Strawberry cup that contained a strawberry infused gin and cucumber. 
Strawberry Cup Gin
Thankfully as I was with my family, I got to try all the other gin infused cocktails as well. The best was definitely the Rose Cocktail, made with rose and lavender. Even though the drinks were quite expensive for their size (£6.50 alcoholic, £3.50 non-alcoholic), they were a treat. The display was also interesting as it had the main plants that go into making botanical gin, with a description of what properties they contain, e.g. calming and destressing. 
Gin and Tonic Botanical Table
We finished our tour of the gardens with a trip into several greenhouses, which were unbearable inside with the heat outside being around 27'C. One of my favourites to visit is the lily one.
Lily Greenhouse
Zoe 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments