Norwich Review #1: Louis Deli

12:51

I've decided, as a massive foodie that I am, to review some of the places I have been recently visiting or want to visit. I have been discussing with my partner all the places that we want to try, and Norwich in particular seems to have an abundant and ever-growing foodie places popping up. Number one of the list for a while has been to try Louis Deli on Upper Giles Street, just on the edge of the City Centre. This cute little delicatessen and cafe offers up an assortment of treats, from cheeses to freshly baked pastry and delicious take away salads. I highly recommend one of their chocolate and walnut fudgey brownies as a take away treat. 

We decided as a last minute breakfast option to head there to try it out. Having walked past the establishment many times on the way into the city, I have always been drawn to gander at the delicious window displays, freshly laid with cakes and freshly made salads. Today we ventured in for breakfast, sat down in the far corner of the shop so that we could take in the full scene and ordered the buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and bacon, while my partner ordered the eggy sourdough bread. We were not disappointed! As a maple syrup fiend, I was delighted to be given a whole jar of pure maple syrup to pore as much over my pancakes. The food was absolutely delicious and left us comfortably full. The service was polite and not overbearing, which I prefer when having a breakfast out. And it was a delight to watch the customers, some who seemed like regulars, come in to get their sandwiches and freshly brewed coffees. 


I do highly recommend this place. I would like to go back one day and try one of their scrumptious sounding soups (today's were sweet potato, chilli and coconut soup).

Ratings
Food: 4.5/5 
Service: 4/5
Atmosphere: 5/5

Zoe 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments